Dr. Sharifa Siwar Sentenced to One Year in Jail, Fined 200 BD after Speaking about Drugs in Schools
2019-11-15 - 8:01 p
Bahrain Mirror: The Minor Criminal Court sentenced Dr. Sharifa Siwar to one year in jail, fined her 200 BD and set 500 BD as bail to suspend the execution until appealing the verdict. Sharifa is on trial over a video she posted on her Instagram page, in which she reported that a student was suspended from school for promoting drugs.
After the verdict was issued, lawyer Mohammad Al-Othman said that his client will appeal the verdict.
Dr. Sharifa Siwar said via her Instagram page that narcotic pills are being promoted among girls in schools and pointed out that among the people behind the gang are influential figures.
- 2021-08-04Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture