Appeals Court Upholds 2-Year Jail Verdict against Mohammad Al-Zayani
2021-08-04 - 7:15 p
Bahrain Mirror: The High Appeals Court upheld on Tuesday (August 3, 2021) the 2-year jail verdict and execution of sentence issued against retired Colonel Mohammad Al-Zayani.
On July 8, 2021, the Minor Criminal Court sentenced the retired Colonel to prison.
The Public Prosecution said that it had investigated Al-Zayani after it was asked by the Supreme Judicial Council to take investigative measures and initiate criminal proceedings against him after publishing a recording in which he insulted the judicial authority.
The authorities summoned Al-Zayani on June 23 to investigate him after he spoke about corruption in the judiciary on his Instagram account and decided to arrest him pending investigation.
- 2021-04-17Only 3-Year Prison Term Handed Down to Three Bahrainis who Joined ISIS
- 2021-04-16Bahraini Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison, Charged with Throwing Molotov Cocktail at Police Car
- 2021-04-09Bahrain Court Fines 5 Members of Prisoners' Families 1,000 BD Each for Violating Ban on Gatherings
- 2020-11-19Sheikh Ibrahim Al-Ansari Receives 6-Month Jail Term over Religious Lecture
- 2020-08-26Cassation Court Upholds One-Year Jail Term against Sheikh Abdulmohsen Al-Jamri over Religious Lecture