EBOHR: Detainees in Bahrain’s Dry Dock Prison Forced to Buy Clothes at High Prices
2015-06-06 - 8:46 م
Bahrain Mirror (Exclusive): Member of the European-Bahraini Organization for Human Rights, Ahmed al-Saffar, stated on Thursday (June 4, 2015) that the authorities in Bahrain's Dry Dock Prison are not allowing clothes to be delivered to the detainees and are forcing them to buy clothes from the prison at high prices.
He posted on his personal Twitter account that prison authorities force detainees to buy new clothes and throw away the old ones every once in a while, claiming "there are diseases" as an excuse. This is done in order to make the detainees pay the staff there.
"If the prison's administration is concerned that the old clothes will spread diseases, then why doesn't it allow the clothes brought by the detainees' families to be given to them instead of making them buy clothes from prison," al-Saffar added, pointing out that the prison's authorities "are responsible for providing all the detainees' needs there."
"The detainees are paying unbelievably high prices for hygiene products. This is also the authorities' responsibility and not the detainee's," he stressed, pointing out that "the detainees are requesting money from their families, yet some of these families can't afford paying that much money," and considering that these kind of measures are part of the authorities' harassment of prisoners.
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour
- 2023-05-30Amnesty: Sultan and Thamer Faced "Grossly Unfair" Trial
- 2023-05-30Ayatollah Sheikh Isa Qassim Offers Condolences to Parents of Executed Martyrs
- 2023-05-30On Way to Jaw Prison: Conversation with Martyr Ahmad Asfour Narrated by Sheikh Ali Salman's Wife
- 2023-05-29Al-Wefaq: Saudi Regime's Execution of Two Bahraini Youths is Sin
التعليقات المنشورة لا تعبر بالضرورة عن رأي الموقع
comments powered by Disqus