NPRA Employee Sentenced to One Year in Jail for Disclosing Secrets and Photos of People
2023-03-23 - 5:54 م
Bahrain Mirror: The High Criminal Court of Appeal upheld a one-year jail term against an employee at "the General Directorate of Nationality, Passports and Residence" after convicting him of disclosing "secrets", including photos of people he posted on a social media outlets which others mocked and bullied.
The investigations confirmed that the employee works as a technician in the directorate and has the authority to access its electronic system and see "confidential data". He took advantage of his job by extracting images from the system and sending them to members in rooms in the "Club House" application, who bullied and mocked the people in the photos.
- 2023-06-02Ayatollah Qassim on Martyrs Sultan and Thamer: There are Great Heroes among Bahrain's People, Only Known after Martyrdom
- 2023-06-02Families of Martyrs Sultan and Thamer Demand Help of Bahraini Gov't to Return their Bodies from Saudi Arabia for Burial
- 2023-06-02Abdulwahab Hussein on Execution of Sultan and Thamer: We'll Neither Give Up Nor Retreat
- 2023-06-01Protests in Manama after Execution of Bahrainis Sadiq Thamer and Jaafar Sultan at Hands of Saudi Authorities
- 2023-05-30Authorities Summon Head of Sanabis Ma'atam for Interrogation over Enthusiastic Reception of Sheikh Mohammad Sanqour